Wednesday, January 8, 2014

#Chateauversailles in #France: #itsabeautifulthing #aupassage and #wetsocks in the #rain

 9/13 Wednesday we woke up and went to the Louvre. We spent many hours walking down as many corridors as we could. After the louvre, we went to Champs Alyesees. Ate Pierre herme macrons and Mcdonalds (disgusting). We took the train To Au Passage and had an adventurous dinner: Oysters, barnacles, wine pairing, Blood sausage, veal tongue, salted egg brocoli leaves. Cucumber and béer with burrata. 

9/14 Awoke and dressed for Château Versailles. We commuted via train to the chateau. Rain, lots of it! I'm talking a ridiculous amount. I was not prepared for this weather even though mid September in Paris is expected to be gloomy-grey. Peddlers were trying to sell umbrellas for 10£. We walked away from one guy as he shouted more reasonable prices, "Wait 9£. Okay 6£??? Waiiitt...5£?" Bingo. Kat and I bought the little umbrella to get us through the rain. Luckily, we were wearing wool... I felt like I was wearing a wet "body sock". I hate wet socks! 

The Chateau was beautiful. I can only imagine how luxurious it was back in the day. My only concern was the smell. I felt like I was smelling Marie Antoinette's hair. Keep in mind, they did not shower back then... It was kind of like I was in a high luxury furniture consignment. We took photos many photos and tried our best to tour the garden in the pouring rain. I can still feel the water in Kate spikes black platforms that I borrowed. It wasn't as bad as the family in front of us while we were exiting. They were all wearing open-toed sandles, shorts and tank tops. Ouch. Sucks for them. After a few hours, we decided to take the train back into Paris.  We got off at the Eiffel Tower and ducked into a corner cafe. More noisettes and espressos to warm us up and get us energized. We bumped into our friend Ryan Jordan's cousin and best friend. BTW, Ryan Jordan is our buddy - he's a fashion designer in NYC. His work has been collected by various artists including Lady Gaga and Beyoncé. Check out his website here: www.ryanjordan.com.


After the drinks, we walked around the Eiffel Tower area and got a bit lost. I can't remember what we were looking for, but I do remember that I picked up some dim sum to go. So Asian, I know. Of course I would get dimsum in Paris. It was delicious. 

We went home to get ready for our last dinner in Paris. We decided on some Asian fusion restaurant that was disgusting and not worth mentioning. After dinner, we hung out by the theater at a corner cafe. It was in a really cool area. The area reminded me of LES in NYC- many young and artistic students in that area. More coffee and noisettes. We hung out there and people watched. At that point I was ready to leave Paris and head to our next destination in the morning. The next day we left our bachelor pad in 16E and took the train down south to... San Sebastián! 







No comments:

Post a Comment